Imphal: Secretariat Employees’ associations, Trained Nurses Association of India, Manipur branch, FEGOCTA along with other employees associations got a positive response from deputy chief minister Y. Joykumar on Thursday regarding their demand for the payment of DA 21 per cent.
The employees put the response into consideration and a conclusion might be brought for the ongoing indefinite cease work strike on Friday.
A meeting was held on Thursday, here, in presence of Joykumar with the representatives of Manipur Secretariat Services Association (MSSA), Manipur Government Services Federation (MGSF), Manipur Secretariat (non-ministerial) Drivers; Association, Trained Nurses Association of India, Manipur branch; JAC of All Manipur Trade Union Council (AMTUC) and All Manipur Government Employees’ Organisation (AMGEO) and Federation of Government College Teachers’ Association (FEGOCTA), Manipur.
General secretary of MSSA, Purujit Lairikyengbam said the meeting brought a positive response, however the solution was brought verbally and has been kept under consideration.
He said the decision whether to resume the on-going indefinite cease work strike or not will be decided in a meeting to be held on Friday among the employees’ associations which were present in the meeting.
He said among the demands made by the employees, they prioritise on payment of DA 21 per cent. If an amicable solution can be brought on the payment of DA 21 per cent then they might withdraw the indefinite cease work strike after taking a decision, Purujit said.
The employees had been demanding to fulfil including equal pay for all secretariat assistants; 3-tier system in pay scale of drivers; filling up of all promotional vacancies; payment of 28 per cent dearness allowance (DA); grade pay rectification in respect of ASO, SO and private secretary etc and re-designation of Group-D employees.
Purujit said in the demand of total DA 28 percent, 7 per cent has already paid and due to the reason the employees are demanding for the payment of remaining DA 21 per cent.
He said during the meeting Joykumar who is also the minister in-charge of finance told that the government shall give the payment of remaining DA 21 percent into three phases with DA 7 per cent each during the month of October this year and will completed at June and December of next year.
The on-going indefinite cease work strike was launched on August 17 this year and as a part of intensified agitation the employees’ association started ‘office lock-out strike’ in addition to the cease work strike from August 27.
The intensified step of ‘office lock-out strike’ was started when the employees’ associations and deputy chief minister failed to bring an amicable solution during the meeting held on August 25.