Items could not reach Anganwadi centres due to communication gap: Minister Dingo

Imphal: Manipur Social Welfare minister Heikham Dingo said due to communication gap with the authority concerned and Anganwadi centres some furniture items and other infrastructures could not reach in time there is no misuse of funds issued under Mission Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 schemes.

The minister said this clarifying on an allegation on Wednesday.

He told reporters at his official residence, New Checkon, Imphal East that a news report was encountered alleging that furniture and infrastructures of Anganwadi and funds issued under Mission Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 schemes have been misused.

He clarified that the said items of the schemes are distributed and issued under the guidelines of the schemes. As per guidelines of the schemes under furniture items, carpets and other items are included which is mentioned in serial number 13 of page number 41 of the guideline.

For the first phase carpets and mats were distributed to 60 per cent of anganwadi centres in 2021 under the scheme and remaining 40 per cent were distributed in 2023, he added.

Due to the present unrest if any Anganwadi centre failed to collect the said items, the centres can collect from the social welfare department, he added.

Director, Social Welfare department Ngangom Uttam accompanied the minister during the press conference.

You May Also Like

+ There are no comments

Add yours