Cops narrowly escape from Kuki militants attack at border

Imphal: Armed miscreants suspected to be militants be Kuki militants attacked two Manipur Police commando personnel near Moreh police station, at the Indo-Myanmar border town in Manipur on Wednesday morning.

The incident took place at around 9 am when the two commandos Bulu and Robinson went to fetch medicine from a nearby pharmacy near Moreh gate number 2 which is about 60 metre away from the police station.

As per, Moreh police report, some armed miscreants suspected to be KNA and UKLF who came in an auto shouted them to stop. While they were trying to escape from the spot another auto rickshaw tried to blocked their way.

Bulu was hit by the auto rickshaw and the armed miscreants started firing with an intension to apprehend the two cops who were in civil dresses.

Robinson ran towards the police station and reported the incident to the police station. When the Moreh police initiated the rescue, Bulu narrowly escaped from the armed miscreants, the police report said.

The Moreh police reported to media that the government already deployed BSF and AR at Moreh town. Attacking to commando near police station that also with arms shows that the armed militants are surveilling the security forces. “Why the central forces are not conducting any frisking and checking.”

Moreh police appealed the authority concerned to deploy additional forces as the place is becoming more vulnerable even for the state police.

Reliable sources reported that Kuki militants have forced to suspend Helicopter service at Moreh, on the notion that commando personnel are transporting at Moreh town.

In a release issued by Police Control Room, the suspected armed miscreants escaped from the area after firing 2/3 rounds in the air. District Police Tengnoupal and central force conducted search operation in the area, however the armed miscreants fled from the area swiftly. No casualty is reported in the incident.

+ There are no comments

Add yours