Fire breaks out at Imphal shoe shop

Imphal: Fire broke out at shoe shop of Khwairamband temporary market shed in the heart of the Imphal city on Sunday afternoon, presumably occurred due to electric short circuit.

The fire gutted one shoe shop jointly owned by one Thingbaijam Arunjit, 28, of Moirangkampu Mayai Leikai and Md Sakil, 28, of Khurai Khomidok Masjid Maning, both from Imphal East district.

Joint director Manipur Fire Service, Laishram Nabachandra Singh said with urgent response from the fire service the fire was able to extinguish in time without bring much damage. The fire service assumed that the fire might have erupted due to electric short circuit, he added.

Most of the shops in the market shed have poor electrification system that would have resulted to the unwanted incident, he said.

Nabachandra said simultaneously someone reported the fire service that another fire was broke out at Cheiraoching hillock. But due to inconvenient route to reach the spot the fire service personnel are trying to extinguish the fire in an alternative way by taking assistance from the locality.

He said most of the fire breaks out due to careless and reckless, people should be cautious to prevent from such unwanted incident.

At present Manipur Fire service can handle three simultaneous fire break out at different places however due to lack of manpower and machinery the service will be hard to provide when more three blaze cases occurs, he added.

Nabachandra appeals to the people if they cannot give assistance during any fire break out occasion, if not, people should not interfere the duty of fire fighters.

About Rs 7 lakh shoes were reportedly damaged by the fire. During the incident no causality has been reported.

Chief minister N. Biren Singh saluted the fire fighters.

“Well done fire fighters, Salute! Today at around 13:58 fire broke out at two shops selling shoes in Khwairamban Ema keithel. The fire was brought under control in time before causing vast devastation by our brave fire-fighters. Secondly, the wild forest fire at Cheiraoching was brought under control in time by Police personnel, Fire Service personnel and the Forest Department,” Biren writes on his Facebook wall.

+ There are no comments

Add yours