People action committee blames police over Khasper’s death

Imphal: Joint action committee formed in connection with the death of 17 years old boy RK Khasper and wounding of seven persons in a scuffle on Saturday night at Kakwa Naorem Leikai Sofa Leirak alleged the state police responsible for the casualty.

Locals of Kakwa Naorem Leikai staged a sit-in demanding to immediately punish the criminals.

An executive member of the people action committee, Naorem Sushila alleged that the incident might not had occurred if the officer-in-charge of Singjamei police station seized the weapons used during the time of incidence and took necessary action in time as complained by the locals against the alleged accused Pikto (Longjam Langkeshwor Singh) and three other persons.

Ahead of the incident where Khasper was succumbed to bullet injury the locals urged the officer-in-charge of Singjamei Police station to seize the gun and other weapons from the accused. Instead of seizing the gun and weapon an agreement was signed between locals and family members of Pikto that no further violence or quarrel will takes place, she said.

She demanded to suspend or transfer the ‘undutiful’ officer of the police station and to immediately book the culprits involved in the crime.
State police had arrested two culprits—Longjam Achou Singh, 76, son of late L. Iboton Singh and his son Longjam Rakesh Singh, 45, of Kakwa Huidrom. They have been remanded to police custody for 10 days till March 9.

Rakesh disclosed before the court on Sunday that on seeing the situation that huge crowd were pelting stone at the residence of his uncle Pikto alias Langkeshwor Singh he fired four rounds from his corridor towards the gathered crowd using his license gun.

On Sunday morning irate locals Kakwa Naorem Leikai set afire the house belonging to Rakesh. The locals smashed a Maruti van before a strong police team arrived and controlled the irate locals by firing tear gas shells and mock bombs.

+ There are no comments

Add yours